27 September 2008

Only joking?

"Only Joking? - test and answers"


Topic: Only Joking?

Complete the gaps using the phrasal verbs below;
1. Although he whispered the joke to her, she ______ ____ laughing when she heard it, so they both got into trouble with the teacher.
2. He's a fantastic mimic - he can ______ ____ anyone!
3. What do you think of my new hairstyle? I'm worried that people might ______ ____ me.
4. He's so annoying - he ______ everybody ____. I don't know why they gave him the job.
5. She tried to ______ it ____, but you could see that she was really quite upset about it.

laugh off / laugh at / wind up / take off / burst out

----------------------------------------------------------
SCROLL DOWN AND SELECT TO SEE THE ANSWERS!
----------------------------------------------------------

1. Although he whispered the joke to her, she BURST OUT laughing when she heard it, so they both got into trouble with the teacher.
2. He's a fantastic mimic - he can TAKE OFF anyone!
3. What do you think of my new hairstyle? I'm worried that people might LAUGH AT me.
4. He's so annoying - he WINDS everybody UP. I don't know why they gave him the job.
5. She tried to LAUGH it OFF, but you could see that she was really quite upset about it.

No comments: