14 June 2010

relish...

relish1 /'relɪʃ/ verbo transitivomeal/joke/successsaborear;
I don't ~ the prospect of … no me entusiasma or no me hace ninguna gracia la perspectiva de …
relish2 sustantivo
  1. countable or uncountable (Culin) salsa o conserva que se come con carnes
  1. uncountable (enjoyment): with ~eat/drinkcon gusto, con fruición;
    read/listen tocon placer, con deleite
- The flight attendant offered a platter of sweets, just the kind she liked. She relished them.
- I don't relish the idea. (no me gusta la idea)
to get great pleasure or satisfaction from something
Being a role model for younger players is something he relishes.
Synonyms or related words for this meaning of relish: like, enjoy, go in for, delight in, savour... more
a.
to enjoy the thought of something that you are going to do
Synonyms or related words for this meaning of relish: like, enjoy, go in for, delight in, savour... more

No comments: