Blow your own trumpet (British & Australian) also blow/toot your own horn (American & Australian): to tell other people how good and successful you are . It means to boast about oneself.
- I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I was first in my class at French.
- Anyone will tell you she's one of the best journalists we've got, although she'd never blow her own horn.
- How to Toot Your Own Horn In a Positive Way. While bragging excessively is a negative thing, tooting your own horn once in a while can be helpful.
- Time to Toot Your Own Horn: Gaining Visibility and Advancing Your Career
- Tooting our own horn is one of the greatest challenges for women in business. So let's take a look at some strategies that have helped women...
- Make sure that you proactively show your brag file to the interviewer, don't wait to be asked for it. Take a look at your CV. Make a list of all of your accomplishments and then think about how you can document them in your brag file.
Into Spanish would be: "Echarse flores a uno mismo"