05 January 2009
.800 g potatoes
.1/2 cup low-fat milk
.20 g mono-unsaturated, margarine
.1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
.1 tablespoon olive oil1 celery stick, finely chopped
.1 zucchini, finely chopped
.1 brown onion, finely chopped
.1 garlic clove, finely chopped250 g premium trim beef or lamb mince
.1/2 cup reduced-salt tomato sauce
.2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Stock cube dissolved in 3/4 cup boiling waterMethod:
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Peel potatoes and chop into small cubes. Cook in a saucepan of boiling water until tender.
2. Mash potatoes with milk and margarine and set aside.
3. Chop the carrot, celery, zucchini, onion and garlic.
4. Heat oil, cook carrot, celery, zucchini, onion and garlic for 10 minutes. Add mince, sauces and stock and cook, stirring until boiling. Simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Spoon into a pie dish, top with mashed potato. Rake the surface with a fork to even out topping. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes and serve with a garden salad.